Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Give Me the Gold

I'll blog more, I promise. I am a little surprised by the number of people that have scolded me for not posting anything in two months. But this marks a paradigm shift in my blogging, no longer am I only going to post only about important happenings in my life, but now you will be able to read about much, much more.

I have decided to write about all the little piddling crap that no one actually cares about but me, especially lifting. I spend a good bulk of my time and energy training, reading about training, and thinking about training. Other than work (which I can’t really talk about) the biggest happening in my life is lifting. I have avoided posting about it because it seems sort of narcissistic and self congratulatory, but so is a blog, so I am just going with it.

I also spend way, way too much time on the internet. As a result I find lots of funny stuff, especially images and videos. I also want to share those with everyone, so be prepared for assaults from the depths of the internet. As a showing of good faith I offer the following video:



I have no idea if it is real or not, but it sure is damn funny.

As a quick update about something actually happening, this evening I am going sledding in Korketrekkeren (Korken). It is the old Luge track from the 1955 Winter Olympics and is supposed to be about the most badass sledding slope this side of the North Atlantic. The best part is that you take the tube to the top, sled down, and then ride back up! No hiking!



I finally got a new camera to replace my broken one, so I will grab snapshots and maybe a video or two. I will do my best to capture someone wiping out.

I hope this spectacular post makes up for my many weeks of neglect (it doesn’t).

No comments: