Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another Step on the Quest for 4 Wheels

I deadlifted again Tuesday, and just barely... BARELY didn't make 5 reps at 180kg. The temptation to count the last rep and decalre victory is high, but the bar was ripping out of my hand so I couldn't achieve full lockout.

Having smallish hands really hurts my grip strength, I think I might actually have to start working on it specifically. I feel right now this is the major limiting point in my deadlifts.

Here is the video:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So close, maaan!

Anonymous said...

Helloooo... it's a month and 1/2 later... more posts please! We miss you! Don't forget to wish Kris a happy birthday tomorrow! There's going to be a party at his house... wish you could be there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,
I watched the "deadlifting" video before I knew how many "pounds" you were lifting...I thought it was, maybe, about a "kazillion" and you did a great job in handling it all...Fine form, length of holding time and all that...wow, your aunt did not know you were so adept...okay, I knew, but wasn't aware of your interest in the sport. Sledding too! That looked like great fun! This is the first time visiting your blog...how do I contact you otherwise? If you get a moment, will you email me? You can always reach me at ammosafe@verizon.net so please get me your email address asap! I love you and I'm very proud of you....It's excellent that you've made these opportunities possible. I enjoy your blogging too, keep it coming! Love, Auntie Val xoxo