Sunday, October 5, 2008

Are they slimy?

Ah the joys and perils of different languages. My cousin sent me a message on facebook in Norsk:

God kveld. Lenge siden sist! Det er lenge siden sist vi møttes! Det var lenge siden. Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål

Now, I actually had a VERY rough idea of what that is supposed to say, but just to be certain I wanted to run it through Google for a translation. I got back MOSTLY what I expected, but I think you'll be able to pick out the surprise. Here is the translation verbatim:

Good evening. Long time no see! It is a long time since we last met! It was long ago. My hovercraft is full of eels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ve37gVwxw

Anonymous said...

"my hovercraft is full of eels"sounds like something from Futurama. I'm not sure how it never actually made it on to the show...

keep them coming pal, they're good.
(that's what she said)